- The name for our blog came from the song we danced our first dance to when we got married- Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban.
- I started our blog in November 2010 to document the holidays. I didn't really know much about blogging, but thought it would be a neat way to share our life with family members that didn't see pictures through Facebook.
- In 2011, I picked up the blogging and wrote about our lives, much of which revolved around Eric and me both being in graduate school. In August 2011, Eric graduated from UTMB and started working as a Physical Therapist. I graduated from UHCL and started my job as an assistant principal. Needless to say...that whirlwind made blogging go on the back burner.
- In 2012, we started out the year with building our house and moving. Our blog was very lonely for most of 2012...I only wrote 8 posts the whole year. We spent May-December of 2012 going through fertility treatments and a miscarriage. We haven't shared much about this on the blog because it was a very emotional and tiring time for us. I have started a post many times about going through fertility treatments and our miscarriage, but have never been able to finish it. While this was a very hard time, it brought Eric and I much closer as a couple and we now have the best gift ever...Madison!
- Some things we missed documenting on the blog in 2012- our twin nephews being born, The Cottrell's new baby girl, our family cruise with my parents and grandparents and my trip to New York City to visit Katie.
- In 2013, our blog has been full steam ahead! We found out New Year's Eve 2012 that we were pregnant. I secretly wrote blog posts for 13 weeks until we announced to the world on our 5 year anniversary in March, from Disney World, that we were pregnant! I am so glad that I was able to document my pregnancy and the first weeks of Madison's life through our blog. It has been a great way to share our life with others and also document the wonderful memories of this year.
Below are some of the greatest memories from our blog so far:
Graduate Student of the Year
Teacher of the Year
Eric's UTMB Graduation
Top 10 of 2011
Aunt and Uncle Times 2
Welcoming 2013 With Open Arms
Start Spreading the News
Announcing our Pregnancy at Disney World
It's a Girl! Gender Reveal Party
Twice a Week Doctor Visits- 32 Weeks
Madison's Birth Story Part 1
Madison's Birth Story Part 2
Madison's Birth Story Part 3
Here's to the next 100 blog posts being just as exciting as the first 100!
March 8, 2008
March 8, 2008
March 8, 2013- 5 year anniversary
Gender Reveal Party
September 6, 2013- Madison's Birthday