TGIF! I am amazed at how fast the weeks have been flying by! Every Monday Eric and I are both sad that it is Monday and he has to go to work. But before I know it, we are back at Friday and looking forward to the weekend together as our little family of 3. This Saturday, Eric has an all day training for work...he will have to miss Madison & me and the Texas A&M game.
1. How on earth can I have a 6 week old baby?! It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the hospital, holding this tiny baby that I had gotten to know over the past 9 months. The first set of "baby is growing up tears" came when Madison didn't fit into her newborn clothes anymore. I feel another cry coming on...6 weeks seems like such a milestone! I still remember when we went for our 6 week ultrasound last January. What a year it has been! Madison has started smiling this week, which just melts my heart.
2. Has anyone see the new Carter's tv commercial? Oh my gosh...talk about being a puddle of tears the first time I saw it! I was siting on the couch a few days after we got home from the hospital with Madison. Being a new mommy and full of emotions (hormones), I couldn't help but cry. The commercial plays on daytime tv constantly and it still makes my heart happy every time. The part where the little kid says the first night home was a doozy- I couldn't think of a better way to describe our first few nights home.
3. On to something a little less emotional...peanut butter! Last weekend at the store, I got a new peanut butter to try that is White Chocolate Peanut Butter. It is AMAZING! I have had to force myself to not eat it all day long. The brand is Peanut Butter & Co. It turns out they have a restaurant in New York City that sells all kinds of peanut butter sandwiches. I'm definitely adding this stop to my next trip to NYC!
4. Sticking with the food theme, my new obsession is strawberries with Cool Whip. They are so delicious and the perfect dessert without being tons of calories. For the past 2 weekends, we have bought a 2 lb. box of strawberries at the store and they have been gone by Tuesday. This week, we bought 4 lbs of strawberries and they made it until Thursday night. Four pounds-that's a lot of strawberries!
5. In just a couple short weeks, my friend Katie is coming to visit from New York City! I am so excited for her to meet Madison and for us to be able to hang out. Katie and I met in 2003, during the College Program at Disney World. We worked at Pinocchio's Village House, a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. We have stayed in touch throughout the years and visited each other. Last November, I went to NYC to visit Katie and had a wonderful trip. Looking forward to getting to see her again this year, although I doubt a trip to Houston is as exciting as a trip to NYC. ;)