A little update for what is to come this month: Eric will be starting his 3rd rotation. He will be at St. Luke' s in the medical center. I am so excited about him getting to experience the medical center, but I know he is a little nervous. He isn't one to enjoy city life = He will be at St. Luke's from Valentine's Day until the first week in May. The end is so close...yet it is very bittersweet.
We have been lucky enough to get to see everyone a lot lately since they haven't had class much and everyone is living closer to us, not in Galveston anymore. The boys have played golf many times, had some "guys nights out", a fish fry, dinners together, celebrating Brandi's birthday with an awesome dinner and night of dancing, visiting the trailer, and spending the last few cold days together at Scott's parent's house enjoying some good food and company.
We are planning on seeing Brandi and Drew over Spring Break. We are looking forward to knowing when we will see them again. The end is so close...yet it is very bittersweet. We have made some incredible friends that will not being staying around this area after Eric graduates. When Eric first got accepted to UTMB in September 2007, I never imagined what our life would become. Here we are 3 1/2 years later and our lives have been changed forever.
Friday, February 4, 2011
I can't believe that January has already come and gone! Usually, January and February are the longest months in the life of a teacher. This has been the fastest January ever! I have written anything since New Years, so here is an update on some of the things we did during the month of January.
- Eric and both started back at school a couple days after the New Year...only 6 weeks for Eric!
- Darren moved to Pasadena to start Chiropractic school...3 years to go!
- Tegan had her 5th birthday party
- Cainan and Uncle Eric showed off their wild dance moves (complete with Cainan fist pumping)
- We went to Darren's first white coat ceremony
- We celebrated Leslie's birthday- this should have about 3 spots =)
- Had a great night out with my girl's group, and brought the boys this time!
- Celebrated Brandi's birthday
- Visited Brandi and Drew in their trailer
- Went to Galveston with my parents
- Got a new student teacher, she is great!
- Started my internship...graduating in May!
- Made a quick trip to the Dessert Gallery for cake and coffee with my parents and Eric
- Spent tons of time with Eric's UTMB crew- they are all about to leave for rotations =(
- I continue to attend tons of meetings at school to gain leadership experience
- Applied for my first assistant principal job =)
- Found out that I only have to go to graduate school 2 nights this whole semester
- Had a wonderful training with a writing consultant
- Eric and I both had off for MLK Day
- Finally finished my mom's clipboards for her school office
- Organized Eric's side of the closet
- Perfected how to make baked potato soup
- Started reading a new book- The Knitting Circle. A must read!
- Eric and I got a new single serve coffee maker- LOVE!!!
- Bought 3 new kinds of coffee for our new coffee maker
- Tried my first piece of sushi- probably not for me
- Spent some time with Tegan and Cainan
- Finally reached a feeling of comfort with 4th grade and the curriculum
- Layed around for hours with Tegan when she was sick =)
- Spent lots of time with Eric since he only had class once a week
- Made it through some very cold days!!! I don't function well with weather under 40 degrees!