Happy Friday! We have been having some major computer issues recently that have caused me to get behind on Caroline's monthly update pages. I think we have finally gotten the kinks worked out after many hours and days of frustration. Caroline turned 5 months old on April 9th! I love to see how our sweet girl has grown over the past 5 months. One thing is for sure...she is full of silly faces!
Our sweet Madison is 2 1/2 years old! Madison has grown up so much over the past few months since she became a big sister. On Sunday, March 6th we went to a local park to take a few pictures of Madison. It is hard to catch her not in motion these days!
Weight: 31 pounds Height: 36 inches
Food: Madison LOVES any kind of food! She is not a picky eater at all. Her favorite dinner that we make is salmon, rice and broccoli. At 2.5 years old, some favorite foods are grilled cheese, yogurt, Cheese Its, chicken, pretzels, any kind of fruit, especially bananas and apples, broccoli, beans, apple juice, smoothies, M&M's and fruit snacks.
Play: Madison loves to pretend play. She has tons of character figures that she uses for her Little People school & bus and her Daniel Tiger tree house. She will line the figures up, put them in different places and make them have conversations. She also LOVES dress-up! Madison wants to wear her Elsa, Sofia or Mermaid Ariel dress almost everyday. Every now and then I give in and let her wear the Sofia dress to school. Her current "favorites" are Frozen, Inside Out, Daniel Tiger, Sofia the First, Super Why and anything to do with princesses. Madison loves music- singing and dancing!
Madison loves anything that has to do with being outside. She loves to walk the neighborhood and go to the park. She also enjoys playing with chalk and checking the mail.
School: We might be a little biased, but Madison is extremely smart! She can recognize all her letters (sometimes gets confused with X & Z) and numbers to 20, names shapes, counts to 20, counts to 10 in Spanish and knows a few letter sounds. She loves to read books and soaks up any kind of learning she can. While she is very smart, our hope for her is that she is being a nice friend and a good listener at school. Her teacher, Ms. Stephanie, does a great job of teaching academics, but also make sure that social, emotional and physical needs are addressed. Madison tells us about her day every night at dinner and it is the cutest thing ever!
Look mom...no hands!
Madison is a wonderful big sister to Caroline. Whenever Caroline cries, Madison will get her blanket and pacifier. She loves getting to sit next to Caroline in the car. If Caroline spits up (which is often), Madison will get me a burp cloth. She loves to watch Caroline get her diaper changed and take a bath.
My favorite saying of Madison's right now is "I so excited". She has a whole "routine" down.
"We go to the park? I LOVE to go to the park. I so excited to go to the park!"
"We go see Lolli and Pops? I love Lolli and Pops. I so excited to go see Lolli and Pops!"
Madison is definitely a 2 year old...we have normal struggles of a strong willed child. Madison is in the stage of wanting to do things herself, such as climbing into the car seat, getting dressed, brushing her teeth and fixing a snack. Our biggest times of struggle are getting dressed in the morning and stopping an activity when it's time for bed. We are trying everything we know as parents and hoping we are making good decisions and setting boundaries & structure.
This picture truly made me realize how grown up Madison is becoming. She is our miracle and made us parents. We love this girl more than we could ever know.
1. This week we celebrated Valentine's Day with my favorite little ladies! It was so special to have 2 little love bugs this year. We had a low key day, starting with breakfast and grocery shopping. We also went to the park and played in the backyard while Eric made steaks for dinner.
2. We upgraded to a mom-mobile...we bought a Honda Oddysey van! My suv was 10 years old and had been very good to us. With 2 little kids in huge car seats and a double stroller, we needed an upgrade. Although my pride was still hurting a little at the thought of driving a mini van...I LOVE it!! The storage is amazing, the girls sit next to each other, there is tons of storage and the automatic opening doors are amazing.
3. Caroline's smile and giggle/coo are pretty much my favorite thing that happens each day. She is such a happy baby and smiles the most when she sees Madison.
4. Madison's favorite thing to do these days is to dress up in a princess dress or skirt and put on every piece of jewelry she owns. She chooses to not abide by the "less is more" theory.
5. Tuesday night, Caroline helped me fold clothes and organize her closet with her 3-6 month clothes (tears!).
Folding laundry is exhausting work!
Have a great weekend! We are heading to the zoo this weekend.
Happy Friday friends! I was looking back over our blog and realized I really miss doing Friday posts to recap the little moments of our weeks! With 2 little girls, the weeks seem to fly by!
1. Madison is 2 years 5 months and officially obsessed with all things princess, dress up and movies. Frozen Fever has hit hard, even though we are a couple years late to the party. My parents gave Madison an Elsa dress for Valentine's Day...goes on first thing in the morning and then again the minute we get home from school. Lolli also got her a couple buckets to hold her dress up items.
2. Madison is still loving school! She is such a smarty pants and loves to learn. I love getting to hear her talk about school, especially going outside. Her teacher, Ms. Stephanie, does a wonderful job documenting their day- what they learn, projects they do, outside activities, etc.
Caroline has been in school for 2 weeks now! She has had a good transition and is happy everyday when I pick her up.
Here is all the ladies on our first day back to school after maternity leave!
3. Madison and Caroline got Valentine's Day cards in the mail from Aunt Donna and Uncle Mike. It was Madison's first time to learn money went beyond a quarter.
4. Valentine baby love!
Madison (5 months) Caroline (3 months)
5. Caroline turned 3 months old! Just like that, we blinked and she isn't a newborn anymore! She is smiling all the time, make sweet little sounds with her voice and just a precious little love.
6. Madison has been trying hard with potty training. She is now mostly wearing panties at school, with 1 accident a day on average. She is working to fill up her sticker chart and loves getting to pick her panties each morning.
We are looking forward to spending the weekend with Lolli, Pops and Lisa, celebrating Valentine's Day and possibly going car (van) shopping. #momlife