Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Start Spreading the News!

After we found out we were pregnant, Eric and I really enjoyed getting to keep the secret between us.  It was a very special time to us that we tried to keep a secret, but it didn’t last too long.  Since we had been going through fertility treatments, there was a small group of people close to use that knew what we were going through and about when we should find out if we were pregnant.  Therefore, we had some anxious family and friends!  The first people to find out after Eric and me were Heather (my sister in law) and Leslie (my best friend). 

When I first went to the doctor, Tegan was staying with us.  I had to find an excuse for my mom to watch her while I ran to the doctor.  I called Leslie on the way to the doctor and spilled the beans.  Later that day when the doctor called with the results, Heather was with me at Target.  As soon as I got off the phone, Heather knew what was up.  Eric and I were able to keep our secret for a week after that.  We told my parents and Eric’s parents the next Wednesday, when I was about 5 weeks.  My mom had been asking if I had any news…and I am a really bad liar!  We went over to their house after dinner one night and shared our good news!  On the way home, we called Eric’s parents and told them we were pregnant.  Over the next couple weeks, we shared with other family members.  It was so fun getting to tell people our good news!

Eric wanted to wait until after the first ultrasound, but I knew there was no way we could wait that long!  Now that we have a small group of people that know, it is fun to have some people to talk to about our growing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...