Happy Friday friends! The weeks have been seeming to fly by, but thankfully this week slowed down some. Here's to another fabulous Friday!
1. This is my 99th blog post! I guess I will have to think of something special to write about for my 100th post next week. I have written 46 posts in 2013...we sure did have lots of wonderful things to write about this year!
2. Madison has been going through a 6 week growth spurt this week. Monday and Tuesday were a little rough for Mommy and Madison. She wanted to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours, so that's about all we did for 2 days. She was very fussy and had a hard time getting settled. Thankfully, it looks like we are back on track and she has been back to her happy self. It makes me so sad when she is uncomfortable. Eric and I were reading about growth spurts and it said they happen around 10 days, 6 weeks, 4 months and a few other times throughout the years. I was in the middle of having a mommy meltdown while we were reading this info and Eric pointed out that the first 2 growth spurts were when I also had breakdowns. I knew he was trying to comfort me in a weird way, so I let it slide. ;) Madison is such a good baby that even our "rough days" aren't that rough. Look at this pretty little thing!
My heart is melting!
3. Madison and I had quite a big outing on Thursday! We went to meet my sister in law, Heather, and the twins at Memorial City Mall. Heather is super mom and has always taken her 4 kids anywhere she wanted to go from the time they were young. I am trying to learn from her and not be scared to go places with Madison that involve us being gone for longer than an hour. I was able to leave the house by 9, drive 45 minutes to the mall, have a great time shopping and eating lunch, and make it back home. Madison was an angel the whole time! We survived 2 feedings while we were out. It was such a nice day with Heather and always fun to have time with just the twins.
Here we go...We were quite a sight to see!
Taking selfie's with my girl at California Pizza Kitchen.
Brennin the non-stop eater...look at those blue eyes!
4. I have been thinking a lot lately about balance in my life when I go back to work in December. Eric and I have both always struggled with balancing work and home. Usually things lean towards work and our weekends are filled with cleaning, grocery shopping and other "tasks". Now that Madison is here, I want our weekends to be spent doing things with her and not worrying about daily tasks. The plan is to do a little bit around the house each day so we don't have to play catch up all weekend. I have found tons of cute things on Pinterest to help me organize the structure of my day, cleaning the house and budgeting for our new day care expenses. Now I just need to put some of these cute things to use!
I want to spend my time having sweet moments like this with my girl:
5. Speaking of balance...I have had many times during maternity leave that I feel guilty that I am not doing more around the house during the day. Eric always reminds me that my job is to take care of Madison...we will get the housework done...or worry about it another day. I appreciate him reminding me of this and it has helped lessen the guilt I put on myself. I remember after our family friend, Brittany, had her first son, she put this quote on her blog. I have always liked it, but it means so much more to me now that I am a mommy.