1. Katie got into town on Saturday morning and we spent the next 5 days shopping, relaxing, eating and playing with Madison. Being a true Georgia girl, our first stop was Chick-Fil-A for a chicken biscuit! That night we went to dinner with Leslie. On Sunday, Katie and I went to get pedicures, then we had dinner with my parents and grandparents. Everyone loved hearing all about Katie's life in New York City. Monday we headed to the outlet mall. Katie got a beautiful Kate Spade purse and some cute clothes for Madison. That night we went to dinner with a friend of hers that she met at Disney World but happens to live close to us. Tuesday we spent the day with my parents at Kemah. We cooked dinner at the house that night and relaxed. It was such a great visit and we can't wait to see Katie again!
2. On Wednesday, we celebrated Madison's 2 month birthday! It has been such an amazing 2 months. She is starting to change from a newborn into a sweet little baby. She is becoming more aware of things, smiling and starting to recognize people. Here is her 2 month memory page.
3. To celebrate her 2 month birthday, Madison decided to sleep through the night! This mommy is over the moon! On Tuesday night, we fed her a bottle at 11:00, put her to bed at 11:30 and didn't hear anything until 4:45. I couldn't believe it when I rolled over and saw 4:45 on the clock! I haven't slept for more than a 3 hour stretch since she has been born, so this was amazing! I got up and gave her the pacifier and she went back to sleep until 6! Wednesday night, she did well again and slept from 10:30-4:00. Let's hope we are on the road to a new phase in sleeping!
Here's my cuddle bug before she fell asleep...melts my heart!
4. When Katie was here, she introduced me to EOS lip balm. They are the cutest things ever! I got the Strawberry Sorbet flavor. Target had at least 7 different flavors to choose from.
5. I have gotten sucked back into my Diet Coke addiction....When I was pregnant, I didn't drink Diet Coke and I survived. ;) Once Madison was born, it became a easy way to get out of the house for 30 minutes to go drive through Sonic and get a Vanilla Diet Coke. I actually haven't had a Sonic Diet Coke this week, but then again the Starbucks holiday drinks are back....