Thursday, July 4, 2013

29 Weeks

June 27, 2013

Baby news: Our baby girl is 15.50 inches and 2.75 pounds!

How far along? 29 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds 

Sleep: I am very sad that my good sleep seems to come to an end. I have been having lots of pain in my pelvic bones and ligaments in my lower stomach. As silly as it sounds, rolling over at night almost brings me to tears. I went to the dr on Wdnesday for a check-up and he said it is due to a hormone called Relaxin that relaxes your muscles and makes your bones softer as you get towards delivery. On the bright side...I have caught up on a lot of Full House reruns in the middle of the night!

Best moment this week: we had to make on unexpected trip to Dallas this week to go to a funeral for a family friend. While this was definitely not the best part of the week, we did get to stay in Dallas and see my aunt, uncle and grandma for a few days. We didn't think we would get to go to Dallas this summer, but it worked out well. We did some shopping and hung out by their pool. 

Cravings: Not many cravings. I am starting to get full so fast. I will barely eat anything and then I am too full to eat anymore. 

Movement: Madison is moving quite a bit. Sometimes she will have big movements where my whole stomach jumps. It is so funny to watch! Apparently she doesn't like to perform though...my aunt tried all weekend to feel her move. Every time my aunt out her hand on my belly, Madison would stop moving or move towards my back. 

Wedding rings: still on, I think my excessive water drinking is paying off!

Mood: I have been feeling good and can't complain! I definitely get worn out quicker, but thankfully it is summer so I can take things slow. 

Looking forward to: I am now starting to go to the dr every 2 weeks. We are also starting our "prepared childbirth class" soon. We will go on Thursdays for 6 weeks. On July 11th we are going to get a 3D/4D ultrasound. I can't wait to see Madison again and see her little face! We are also hoping to see if she has a lot of hair like Eric and me. 

Anything Else?? As I mentioned, we went to Dallas this week for a funeral. My dad's childhood friend, Rusty, lost his battle with cancer this week. He has been sick for 3 years. Rusty has always been an entrepreneur, with a focus in restaurants.  For people in the Dallas area, his earlier claim to fame was Uncle Julio's, a Mexican restaurant.  Over the past 3 years, his newest business venture, Rusty Taco has become a hit in the Dallas area and also expanded to many other towns. 

Rusty and his family has been a part of our life's long before I was born. When I was younger, we both always enjoyed the Pee Wee Herman show. =) He was always such a kind person and has left quite a legacy for his 4 daughters and family. His funeral was absolutely beautiful. There were probably close to 500 people there. As my mom said, it says a lot about you as a person when there are more people at your funeral than your wedding. The room was full of people who loved Rusty, from all different parts of his life. While we were in Dallas, we went to go visit a few different Rusty Taco restaurants. He was a lifelong Aggie, and in the pictures you can see he always remembered to include Howdy in his restaurants. 

My dad started wearing a Rusty Taco shirt when he would go on vacation and take a picture of wherever they were. The trend has caught on!


These are some pictures from our last trip to Rusty Taco a couple years ago during Spring Break. My dad had shoulder surgery about 5 days before. While we were there, my dad, Rusty, Eric and Drew chased a guy down the street that had stolen a case of beer from the restaurant. =) 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...