Friday, May 3, 2013

21 Weeks

May 2, 2013

Baby news: Our baby girl is 11 inches and officially 1 lb!

How far along? 21 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Around 2 lbs. I think my belly had a growth spurt this week.

Sleep: I am sleeping good, but rolling over is starting to become interesting. 😀

Best moment this week: We celebrated Eric's birthday on Monday. It was his golden birthday...29 years old on April 29th! Hard to believe next year we will celebrate with our baby girl.

Cravings: Someone at school asked me about cravings this week and I said nothing in general, just food. I have been hungry most of the week.

Movement: I actually haven't felt much movement this week. A little here and there, but nothing major. The doctor said this is normal at this point because I have an anterior placenta, meaning it is right by my belly button. Since the baby is sitting right at my belly button, I won't feel the movement as much for a couple weeks. The heartbeat is still strong, so nothing to worry about.

Have you started to show yet? Yes and I love it! I'm in that good stage right now where I look pregnant but not huge yet.

Gender prediction: It's a girl!! Eric and I were so excited to find out the gender and both a little surprised that it was a girl. We have been planning the nursery and looking for names. We are between Madison and Katelyn.

Wedding rings: Still on, but I have noticed some swelling here and there when I don't drink enough water.

Mood: Great! Work has been very busy this week, but it should slow down a little in the next week.

Looking forward to: Starting on the nursery and getting more stuff for our little girl.

Anything Else??? I found out this week I have to switch doctors. =( This will be the 4th doctor of my pregnancy. Fertility doctor and 2 Ob- Gyns. Since Eric works for St. John's, they are the preferred hospital. My doctors office only delivers at Clear Lake Regional. This would mean the difference between our portion of payment being 20% or 70%...decision made! I found a group of UTMB doctors close to our house that I am going to switch to. Lets hope this is the last time!

We have been shopping!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your baby girl! I hear you on the rolling over business. At 30ish weeks, I'm at the have-to-fully-wake-up to roll over stage. Well, I have been for awhile I guess, haha! Also glad I'm not the only one going through doctors so quickly, though for different reasons. I'm on #3 now and if she's not on call, I'll have a 4th for delivery. Enjoy the preparations I'm sure y'all are having a blast! a

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...