1. Madison is finishing up her 2nd week of swim class. We enrolled her in the Infant Swim Rescue (ISR) program. She goes 5 days a week and each day the lesson is one-on-one for 10 minutes with her teacher. Madison isn't loving lessons, which really breaks my heart. Eric keeps reminding me the purpose of the lessons is to teach her to save herself if she falls in the pool, not to have fun swimming. We are planning to do 2 more weeks of lessons. One big success...after 7 days of lessons, Madison was able to floating her back unassisted for over a minute!
2. We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day a couple weeks ago. Friday morning, I went to Muffins with Mom at Madison's school. My heart was overflowing to be able to spend that time with Madison. Saturday morning, we went with Lolli and Pops to Froberg's to pick strawberries. Madison crushed strawberries, fell in the mud and loved every minute of it! We had strawberry shortcake for dessert that night. Sunday, we spent the day just the 3 of us going to breakfast, taking a nap and running errands. It was a wonderful weekend.
3. Madison's speech has taken off again. She is speaking in 2-3 phrases, able to tell us what she wants, answers questions and understands commands. We are so proud of her! We often hear her saying "come here, sit down, where's Wubbie, read book, more snack please, water please, all done and be nice".
4. Madison also loves singing! She sings Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Clean Up song, I Love You a Bushel and a Peck, Rain Rain Go Away, Row Your Boat and the ABC song.
5. Get ready summer...we're coming for ya!