Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy Friday

Happy Friday friends! It has been a wild and crazy few weeks in the Konesheck house! I feel like we are still catching up after Madison's 1st birthday. There is a pile of decorations on the table, I still haven't finished her thank you notes and there is a Mylar balloon that is somehow still floating. 

Two weeks ago, we headed to Austin for the weekend to celebrate Cainan, Brennin and Westin's birthday! Cainan turned 6 and the twins turned 2. Their birthday are all on the same day, so we had one big Ninja Turtle celebration!










The weekend started out with a twist. I took Madison to her 1 year checkup that Friday afternoon and she ended up having a double ear infection! We had no idea that her ears were bothering her. Between her ears and getting 4 shots, she definitely didn't feel good and fought a fever all weekend. She was such a trooper and we definitely enjoyed all the extra cuddles. 




I stayed home with her on Monday to giver her fever one more day to lower. I woke up with a sore throat, but chalked it up to allergies. By that afternoon, I had a suspicion that I might have strep throat. I went to urgent care that evening and sure enough, I had strep. If you have never had strep, you are lucky! It is the most unbelievable pain not only inside your throat, but my neck, teeth, shoulders, jaw and glands were extremely painful. After 3 days of no relieve, even from prescription pain pills, I went back to the dr and got a new antibiotic. Thankfully, I felt so much better by Saturday. Madison enjoyed wrecking havoc in her room and getting to spend some extra time with Lolli after school while I wasn't feeling well. ;)




After all this craziness, Madison had a reaction to her antibiotic this week and has been covered in "polka dots" as the twins say. 


We are all looking forward to the weekend, especially the cool front!  Here are some pictures from the past few weeks. Madison is so quick these days that I can barely get a picture that isn't a blur. She is starting to stand up without holding on and walking with her push you and baby stroller. I just love her to pieces!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...